Current is seeking a full-time video editor to join our growing team in our Halifax studio.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and can spin multiple plates at the same time, we want to talk to you.
If you're excited at the prospect of working with some of the most knowledgable digital/experiential, content producers, developers and creatives in North America who will push you to greater heights every day, we want to talk to you.
If you remain cool under pressure, are driven by the satisfaction of creating and tuning your craft, are versatile and can work on long format production as well as commercial content, we want to talk to you.
The ideal candidate...
- Understands story development, pace and rhythm
- Is motivated, goal-oriented and a problem-solver
- Can develop diverse & unique visual styles from one project to another
- Is visually literate
- Is a team player and a self-starter who can work independently in order to meet deadlines and benchmarks
- Will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced and largely creative-driven environment
- Understands and responds to feedback and criticism well
- Will bring energy, passion and a positive attitude to their everyday
- Strong editing skills with Avid or Premiere
- Knowledge of After Effects, and experience working with the programs in conjunction
- Understanding of 2D animation
- Avid or Premiere
- After Effects
- Experience with sound editing [Pro Tools] and colour correction
- Bilingual or some French is a definite asset
- Closed Captioning
- A minimum of 1-2 years video editing experience in a fast-paced digital studio
- Strong story-telling, rhythm and style
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Diverse production background; able to apply skills to new challenge
WHY CURRENT STUDIOS
Inside the walls of Current Studios - at our two offices in Halifax, Canada, or in Brooklyn, New York - you’ll find a tactical team of unique professionals built to solve the greatest tech challenges and user experience integrations in today’s environment. Excellence in execution is the momentum that keeps Current growing and the full service team of emergent technology developers, 3D FX artists, animators, producers, editors, compositors, and sound designers all serve the greater purpose of collaborating with you to create a unique portfolio of insanely amazing executions.
We believe in innovation, imagination and integration. Technology has connected the digital and physical world around us, forever changing how we interact with products, brands, and each other. Current represents this human connected experience, seamlessly delivering remarkable integrations between people and the content around them.
We are trusted to help pioneer innovation within our clients’ work, creating broadcast productions, digital gaming and emergent technology solutions that breathe life into the creative vision of our partners. The collision course of traditional and new media presents awesome opportunities to those prepared to take advantage of it.
Please send cover letter and link to your editing reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Any applications that are not accompanied with samples of your work will be dismissed ***