Current Studios Inc.
- The following terms and conditions apply to all mobile applications developed and distributed by Current Studios Inc.
Acceptance of Terms
Modification to Services
We reserve the right to at any time and from time to time modify the Services, or any part thereof, without notice, including without limitation, through bug fixes, patches and version updates which add, modify and/or remove features of the Services (collectively,
- “Updates”). You agree that We may install all such Updates as required in Our sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to discontinue – temporarily or permanently – the Services (or any part thereof) without notice. You acknowledge that We may prevent Your access to the Services at any time in Our sole discretion, including without limitation, Your access to content created, submitted, posted, displayed on or through any of the Services (“User Generated Content”).
Prohibited Use of Services
- You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions that We may give You regarding the use of the Services.
- You may not use the Services in any inappropriate, unauthorized or unlawful manner or for any purpose which violates any laws in either Your or Our jurisdiction including but not limited to conduct and content resulting from the use of the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, You shall not in respect of Your use of the Services:
- harass others or disclose personal information about others that could amount to harassment;
- publish, post, upload, store, distribute or disseminate any unlawful, defamatory, infringing, obscene, harmful, confidential, libellous, hateful, threatening or otherwise illegal material or information or anything which might constitute a criminal offence or give rise to a civil liability either for You or Us;
- upload files that contain software or other material which are the Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) of any third party or which are protected by rights of privacy or publicity of any third party without having received all necessary consents;
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other software or programs that may interfere with or damage the operation of the Services;
- impersonate others;
- promote any activity that is illegal;
- use software to harvest information from the Services; or
- use, copy, download, extract or reutilise any part of the Services or any Content, or use or allow any third party to use, copy, download, extract or reutilise any part of the Services or Content for any commercial purpose.
Third Party Content
- You acknowledge that in the circumstances where We provide You with access to Third Party Content, We act on behalf of the Third Party Content owner (“Licensor”) and that the Third Party Content or parts of the Third Party Content may be protected by Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) of the Licensor or other third parties.
- You may not copy, alter, sell or distribute the Third Party Content in any way, unless expressly permitted to do so by Us or the Licensor.
- To the extent the Services contain links to applications, websites and microsites operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”), You acknowledge and accept that We exercise no control over such Third Party Sites and that We are providing You with access to such Third Party Sites for Your convenience only. We make no warranties or representations whatsoever about any Third Party Site or service which You may access through the Services. If You choose to access a Third Party Site, You do so at Your own risk and We are not responsible or in any way liable for the content, accuracy, compliance with relevant laws or accessibility of any information, data, advice or statements or for the quality of any products or services available on such Third Party Sites.
Intellectual property and licenses
Content and Services
- All Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Services and all Content and materials therein are owned by and shall remain owned by Us or Our Licensors, as applicable. All trademarks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Services (except of Our Licensors) are unregistered trademarks or service marks of Current Studios Inc.
- We grant You a single user, worldwide, non-assignable, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use:
- the software provided to You by Us or Our Licensors as part of the Services (“Software”); and
- the Content provided to You by Us or Our Licensors as part of the Services.
- You agree that the grant of the above licenses in the Software and Content (the “Licensed Materials”) are subject to the following conditions and that You shall not directly or indirectly:
- use the Licensed Materials other than for personal, non-commercial purposes;
- reproduce the Licensed Materials or use the Licensed Materials in any compilation or publication in any medium without Our prior written consent;
- modify or alter the Licensed Materials in any way;
- create derivative works based on the Licensed Materials;
- sell or otherwise distribute the Licensed Materials to any third party;
- remove any proprietary notices in relation to Our Intellectual Property Rights, or those of Our Licensors;
- use the Licensed Materials in any manner which infringes upon the Intellectual Property Rights of a third party; or
- reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Licensed Materials.
User Generated Content
- You retain all rights in the User Generated Content. By accessing and using the Services, You agree to grant Us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, assignable, sub-licensable, license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, display and distribute any User Generated Content for the purpose of performing, displaying, distributing and promoting the Services and Our business in any media formats and through any media channels.
- You waive all moral rights You may otherwise have in the User Generated Content.
- You warrant that You have good and proper title to the User Generated Content and have all necessary rights, power and authority to grant the above license. Without limiting the foregoing sentence, You warrant that You own or otherwise are entitled to all necessary Intellectual Property Rights in the User Generated Content.
- However, We do not warrant that (i) the Service will meet Your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by You through the Service will meet Your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected. Furthermore, We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any Content.
- The Services and all materials and information provided by Us are provided on an "as is" basis without guarantee of any kind and any conditions, statements and warranties (including, but not limited to, any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement) are excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- Use of the Services is at Your own risk. You are solely responsible for any damage that Your use of the Services may cause to You, Your property or third parties. Therefore, in using the Services, You agree that You are solely responsible for taking any necessary precautions to protect Yourself and Your property from any injury or damages, including without limitation, computer related damages caused by viruses, worms, trojan horses and similar malware. We are not liable for any damage to Your computer system, equipment, mobile device or any other property caused by Your downloading materials in connection with the Services. You should always be mindful of the environment in which You are using the Services, to ensure that You do not harm Yourself or others.
Limitations of Liability
- In no event will We, our Licensors, or Our respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including but not limited to damages for lost profits or loss or corruption of data, arising out of or resulting from, Your use of the service, even if We are aware of or have been advised of the possibility of such damages, in each case whether based in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, which arise out of or are in any way connected with: (i) any use of the Services; or (ii) any failure or delay in the use of any component of the services including, without limitation, any unavailability of the services irrespective of duration of any period of unavailability; or (iii) any use of or reliance upon any information, material, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Services. The limitations and exclusions set forth in this section will survive any termination of Your membership or Your use of the Services.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Us, Our employees, suppliers, Licensors, agents and service providers (and Our and their parents, affiliates, successors, officers, directors, and employees) harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, costs, liabilities, judgment, losses, expenses and damages (including but not limited to legal fees) incurred by Us arising out of, in connection with, or related to:
- Your User Generated Content; or
- Any data, software, services or other materials that You use in connection with Your access or use of the Services, including without limitation any claim that such data, software, services, or other materials, or any part thereof, infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any Intellectual Property Right of any third party.
- We will notify You in the event We are made aware of any such claims and will keep You informed as to their progress.
Costs and payment
- You understand and accept that You are solely responsible for all costs involved with using the Services including but not limited to costs related to obtaining all necessary equipment and telecommunications services required to access and use the Services.
- Payment and membership registration may be required to access certain Content, whether offered by Us or a third party (“Paid Content”). All transactions with respect to Paid Content will be carried out by a third party provider and will be subject to their terms and conditions. We will not be responsible for the fulfilment of Your order (“Third Party Order”). Any questions, comments and complaints about Your Third Party Order should be made to the third party provider directly. We accept no liability in relation to Third Party Orders, including but not limited to liability for damages, defects or failures of any products or services supplied by the third party provider.
- We reserve the right, in Our sole discretion, to (i) stop the provision of the Services (ii) cease provision of any features or functions of the Services; or (iii) terminate Your access to the Services at any time, with or without notice or explanation, for any or no reason, and without liability.
- You may discontinue Your use of the Services at any time. You may deactivate Your membership account by providing written notice to Us. You understand and accept that, upon termination, You will not longer have access to the Content and Services.
- Termination of Your membership, howsoever caused, shall not affect the accrued rights and liabilities of either You or Us as at the time of such termination.
Data protection and privacy
- We will be collecting personal data about You for the purpose of administering the Services. We will not disclose Your personal information to third parties without Your consent, except as required by law.
- You are responsible for ensuring that no one uses Your equipment to access the Services without Your permission. We will be entitled to assume that anyone who accesses the Services using Your equipment has Your permission to do so and You will be liable for any charges or any other costs, liabilities or damages that may be incurred by any such person.
- If You have any questions about the Services or if You believe that Content displayed on or linked to via the Services has violated Your copyright or other Intellectual Property Rights, please contact Us using the following details:
Mail: Current Studios Inc., 200-11 Akerley Blvd, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B3B1V7